Top 5 Autumn Festival ActivitiesFestivals and Events
Are you ready for the ultimate autumn experience with our Top 5 Autumn Festival Activities? The Ovens Valley is one of the most picturesque places to visit in Australia. In Autumn, it is comparable to Japan’s Cherry Blossom season or the Tulips in the Netherlands. The colours are so vibrant you might think they’re made from neon lights!
To celebrate the season, the Bright Autumn Festival has a bunch of activities for you to immerse yourself in a colourful outdoor adventure. Harrietville Cabins is here to share our top 5 must-do activities with you!
1. First up, we have the talent show at Sibley Park – a fantastic event showcasing acts like musicians, comedians, poets, and dancers. You won’t want to miss this twilight entertainment by the Ovens River.
2. And who doesn’t love a good parade? This year’s theme is “Everyday Heroes,” celebrating the hard work and dedication of our local emergency services. A fitting tribute given the roller-coaster ride (not a fun one) that’s been the last 3 years. So grab your flags and join the fun at the grand parade!
3. The festival is a feast for the senses, with an abundance of local produce and beverages on offer at the Wandi Nut Festival. Here you can indulge in roasted chestnuts in garlic butter, German pretzels, and local craft beers. There is live music with a stella line up of local and non-local DJs and Muso’s. Our picks will be Alex Zabi – DJ who plays live Saxaphone over the top of his beats and local heart throb, Benny Williams. Don’t forget about the workshops for the kids, like sword making, DJing and circus skills!
4. For those who love a bit of mystery and intrigue, join the Murders and Mysteries tour with local historian Diann Talbot. Discover the secrets and scandals of Bright’s past on this fascinating walking tour.
5. Finally, make sure to visit the stunning open gardens. We might be a bit biased, but we highly recommend Shady Brooke Cottages and Alpine Perennials Nursery in Harrietville for a glimpse of the beautiful autumn foliage.
And there you have it – the top 5 must-do’s at the Bright Autumn Festival. Don’t miss out on all the fun and excitement this year, check out the program for dates and details.
Book your stay at Harrietville Cabins and enjoy the festival at your leisure. And when you’re ready to unwind after a long day of festivities, relax on the veranda of your cabin and take in the breathtaking autumn foliage beneath the Alpine National Park.